100g plain flour
50g butter or margarine
30g caster sugar
½ tsp cinnamon
1 egg yolk
A little water to mix if needed
Demerara sugar for topping
• Use finger tips to rub flour and butter until they resemble breadcrumbs.
• Mix in caster sugar and cinnamon.
• Add egg yolk and mix to a firm dough. Add a little cold water if necessary.
Preheat the oven to 190C/375F/Gas mark 5.
• Line a baking sheet with baking parchment.
• Roll out the dough to a rectangle, roughly the thickness of a £2 coin and 10cm x 12cm.
•Cut into 1cm strips.
• Sprinkle with demerara sugar.
• Transfer carefully onto the lined baking sheet and bake for 10-15 minutes, until crisp, then leave to cool on the tray.
Serve with caramel sauce and enjoy 😋